- Active USA Rugby Level 200 Coaching Certificate or equivalent
- Three years collegiate or senior rugby coaching experience
- Excellent organizational, communication, and motivational skills.
- Direct the Men’s 15s Rugby program and facilitate team-sponsored training events (March 2023 through November 2023).
- The team shall be expected to train no less than twice per week (Tues & Thurs), weather permitting.
- Match schedules are typically on Saturdays. Travel is required for away matches.
- Develop and share training plans with assistant coaches, as necessary.
- Communicate with the Executive Director, Senior Operating Committee and/or Board of Directors to ensure coverage or requirement of additional assistance.
- Attend weekly coaching calls with other Lions coaches.
- Finalize match rosters + provide match day itinerary 48 hours before matches.
- Identify development opportunities for individual Lion’s players and offer individualized feedback for players to develop their rugby skills.
- This is a 1099 position, paid for 9 months out of the year (March 2023-November 2023)
- Salary range: $15,000 to $40,000 – depending on experience
- Travel costs are covered by the club
- Coaches will be provided with Chicago Lions Kit
Email Matt Lancor (ExecDir [at] Chicagolions [dot] com) with the subject ‘Men’s XVs Coach application’. Attached to your email, please include the following:
- A cover letter explaining your background and interest in the position
- Your rugby resume
- 2-3 rugby references from prior roles
After reviewing the documents, the Chicago Lions Rugby Club coaching selection committee may reach out to schedule an in-person or video interview. The committee will review all applications received.
More about the Chicago Lions Rugby Club
The Lions are one of the only rugby clubs in the USA to have a fully-integrated rugby program starting with Rookie Rugby (ages 4-10), Middle School, High School, and Senior Rugby for both Men (Division 1 and 2) and Women (Division 1). The Lions also field competitive Sevens teams and run after-school rugby programs in Chicago. The Lions are a true community rugby club, with a large and engaged alumni group, a full social calendar, and deep involvement in our community.
There is a deep history for the Men’s 15s senior team, and our current players are a dedicated group of athletes who strive for excellence.