While we haven’t finalized our Men’s coach, Matt Wagner has stepped up help lead training sessions. Matt has been club captain and sevens captain, besides a long-time Lions 15’s and 7’s player.
Jeremy Nash will once again lead the Women’s program. If anyone wants to help with the Sevens program, please contact Jeff Simon at chicagolionsclca [at] gmail [dot] com.
The Men’s training is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday @ 6:30pm and the Women’s training is Monday @ 6:30pm, Tuesday and Thursday @ 8pm. New players are always welcome.
- June 15th: Forest City 7s @ Rockford – Qualifier 1
- June 22nd: Firehouse 7s @ Lemont – Qualifier 2
- June 29th: USAR Open Qualifier TBC
- July 6th: Beach rugby @ Montrose Beach*
- July 13th: Legacy 7s @ Brighton, Michigan – Qualifier 3
- July 20th: Midwest Championship 7s @Cincinnati, OH
- August 10th/11th: National Championships @ venue TBC
*USA Rugby is hosting a Beach Rugby tournament July 6th at Montrose Beach. This should be very interesting and the Lions will be helping out.
Training sessions are held at Altgeld Park at 2640 West Harrison Street. Street parking is available.