The Chicago Lions are extremely excited to launch our first ever Lions Summer Camp. The camp is open to 8-14yr olds and will run from Monday, August 5th through to Friday, August 9th, 2019. The camp will start at 9am (drop off will open at 8.30am) and will end at 5pm each day. Participants will be provided with lunch and snacks, as well as a camp t-shirt. The camp will be hosted at the brand new Lions for Hope Sports Complex (2637 W. Polk St., Chicago).
This is not just a rugby camp but a personal development camp. The camp is based around three major concepts:
- physical literacy
- arts and culture
- personal development
The camp will cover the following personal development themes:
- team building
- conflict prevention and resolution
- self-reflections and awareness
- community service
- goal setting
To complete the physical literacy concepts, we will introduce the following sports: rugby, baseball, golf, an obstacle course and soccer. For arts and culture, we will be focused on the different cultures found in rugby adapted into some fun activities and exercises.
- Resident (28th Ward, North Lawndale, East Garfield Park): $50 deposit
- Non-resident (all others resident): $200
- Deadline for registration will be the July, 10th @ 11.59 pm
- Waivers will be printed and signed on the first day of the camp
Scholarships are available – please email Andy Rose at youth [at] chicagolions [dot] com.