The Chicago Lions are extremely excited to launch our first ever Lions Summer Camp. The camp is open to 8-14 year olds and will run from Monday, August 5th through to Friday, August 9th, 2019. The camp will start at 9 a.m. (drop off will open at 8.30am) and will end at 3:30 p.m. each day (with 1 additional hour of supervised free play to 4:30 p.m.). Participants will be provided with lunch and snacks, as well as a camp t-shirt. The camp will be hosted at the brand new Lions for Hope Sports Complex (2637 W. Polk St., Chicago).
This is not just a rugby camp but a personal development camp. The camp is based around three major concepts:
- physical literacy
- arts and culture
- personal development
The camp will cover the following personal development themes:
- team building
- conflict prevention and resolution
- self-reflections and awareness
- community service
- goal setting
To complete the physical literacy concepts, we will introduce the following sports: rugby, baseball, golf, an obstacle course and soccer. For arts and culture, we will be focused on the different cultures found in rugby adapted into some fun activities and exercises.
- Resident (28th Ward, North Lawndale, East Garfield Park): $50 deposit
- Non-resident (all others resident): $200
- Deadline for registration will be August 6th @ 11.59 pm
- Waivers will be printed and signed on the first day of the camp
Scholarships are available – please email Andy Rose at youth [at] chicagolions [dot] com.